- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flour Tortillas Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Hot water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2632 Calories from Fat 853
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146%
Saturated Fat 36.1 g180.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.5 mg
Sodium 8564 mg356.8%
Total Carbohydrates 382 g127.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.5 g54%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 52 g103.3%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 9.7% Iron 128.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, kosher salt, and lard. Stir to distribute lard through the flour.
2) Add the water a little at a time and stir through to start forming the dough, being careful not to over-mix.
3) Transfer the dough out onto a work surface and begin working the dough with hands into a ball. Work it until it becomes smoother on the outside.
4) Break off small palm-sized pieces and roll them into balls.
5) Let them rest on a tray in or out of the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
6) On a floured board, roll each ball out into a round tortilla shape.
7) On a nonstick griddle or in a nonstick or cast iron pan, cook the tortillas until brown spots on both sides.
8) Use the flour tortillas as desired.