- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flounder With Pepper Puree Recipe
|Sweet red peppers||1 , sliced|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 , diced|
|Flounder fillets||1 Pound|
Calories 264 Calories from Fat 141
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64 mg
Sodium 592.6 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 16 g31.5%
Vitamin A 26.5% Vitamin C 171.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 4.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven 450°F.
2) Coat a 9 by 13-inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon of oil.
3) In skillet, heat the remaining oil and sautÃ© red peppers, water, garlic, salt and basil.
4) Cover and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes or until tender.
5) Cool the mixture and transfer to a blender.
6) Add the vinegar and puree until smooth.
7) Stir in the green peppers.
8) Place the flounder on the baking dish in a single layer.
9) Top the fish with the peppers.
10) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
11) Place the fish carefully on the serving plate along with the peppers, serve hot with a wedge of lemon, if desired.