- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Florida Orange Nut Bars Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Orange rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Sifted cake flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Pecan halves||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3021 Calories from Fat 591
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.6%
Saturated Fat 17.6 g87.9%
Trans Fat 6.7 g
Cholesterol 581.7 mg193.9%
Sodium 2110.3 mg87.9%
Total Carbohydrates 529 g176.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33.2%
Sugars 318.1 g
Protein 80 g160.6%
Vitamin A 23.1% Vitamin C 217.1%
Calcium 95.1% Iron 121.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a 15 x 9 1/2-inch pan.
2) In a bowl, add the shortening and cream well.
3) Add in 1 cup sugar and cream till light and fluffy.
4) One at a time, add in the egg yolks and the whole egg, beating after each addition.
5) In a glass, combine orange juice and rind.
6) Combine and sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
7) Add the mix to the shortening mix, alternating with the orange juice. Mix well after each addition.
8) Add into the baking pan and spread evenly.
9) Beat the egg whites till stiff.
10) Slowly add in the remaining half cup of sugar and continue beating till stiff and glossy.
11) Spread over the batter and top with pecan halves.
12) Place in the oven and bake at 350° F for 25 minutes.
13) Cut into 1 x 3-inch bars.
14) Cool and remove from the pan.
15) Serve as a healthy snack.