- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Florida Shrimp And Corn Chowder Recipe Video
|Bacon slices||4 Medium, chop|
|Onion||1 Large, dice|
|White potato||2 Large, dice|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Maize||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Regular salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Shellfish stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shrimp||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Single cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 668 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.5%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 301 mg
Sodium 1253.5 mg52.2%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 9 g36.1%
Sugars 6.1 g
Protein 48 g95.9%
Vitamin A 16.8% Vitamin C 65.4%
Calcium 18.5% Iron 36.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat the bacon until the fat has rendered.
2. Add the onions and cook until browned.
3. Add the potatoes and water and bring to a boil.
4. Once the water boil, cover the pan and let the potatoes cook on simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the corn, salt, pepper, sugar and seafood stock and mix and bring to a boil.
6. Once the stock boils, cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
7. Add shrimp and cook until the shrimp turns pink.
8. Add cream and let it cook for a few more minutes.
9. Ladle into bowls and serve hot.