- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Florentine Potato Puff Recipe
|Instant mashed potatoes||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Creamed cottage cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (From A 1-Pound Container)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed and drained (1 Package)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Frozen chopped onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 69
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.9%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 117.3 mg
Sodium 1173.9 mg48.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 69.6% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 13.7% Iron 8.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl, prepare instant mashed potatoes for 8 servings, following package instructions but reducing water amount by 1 cup.
2. Grease a 12-cup soufflé dish or 8 individual soufflé cups.
3. Preheat the oven to 375°F
4. In a small clean and dry bowl, whisk egg whites with and electric beater or wire whisk, until stiff.
5. To the potato mash, add the remaining ingredients except the egg whites.
6. Mix thoroughly using a wire whisk or wooden spoon to beat the mixture until well blended.
7. Gently fold stiff egg whites into potato mixture with a wire whisk or spatula, keeping the mixture as light and fluffy as possible.
8. Turn the mixture into a greased souffle dish or divide evenly into individual cups, filling them only 2/3rd full.
9. Bake on middle level of preheated oven for 1 hour, until puffed and golden on top and a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the center of soufflé.
10. Serve the soufflé straight out of the oven while puffed.