- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Florentine Fish Consomme Recipe
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 Medium, sliced|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Celery stalks||3 , chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , unpeeled and chopped|
|Boiling water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Haddock fillets/Halibut fillets||2 Pound|
|Noodles||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Uncooked shrimps||1⁄2 Pound, shelled and diced|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 874 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 14.2 g71.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 198.1 mg
Sodium 1243.2 mg51.8%
Total Carbohydrates 66 g22.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 44 g87.6%
Vitamin A 70.9% Vitamin C 23.2%
Calcium 18.1% Iron 26.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a deep saucepan and melt the butter in it.
2) Add the carrots, celery, onion and olive oil to it..
3) Cover the saucepan and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4) Add the tomatoes to it, season with salt and pepper before adding boiling water to it.
5) Add thyme and bay leaf along with the fish and simmer for 20 minutes without boiling.
6) Remove the fish carefully with the aid of a spatula so that it does not break.
7) Boil the strained broth, lower the heat and add noodles before simmering it for 12 minutes.
8) Simmer for an additional 5 minutes after adding the shrimps to it.
9) Serve hot along with a bowl of Parmesan cheese.