- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Floating Island Recipe
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Candied almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2014 Calories from Fat 669
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g114.8%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 795.2 mg
Sodium 385.8 mg16.1%
Total Carbohydrates 305 g101.8%
Dietary Fiber 6 g24%
Sugars 243.5 g
Protein 45 g89.1%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 34.7% Iron 10.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks aside for making the custard.
2. Beat the remaining egg whites to make stiff and then slowly beat in some sugar.
3. Use a rolling pin to crush the sugared almonds coarsely.
4. Take a deep cake pan of 6 inches diameter and coat it lightly with butter and some sugar from inside.
5. Pre-heat the oven at 350 degree F.
1. Take the prepared cake pan and spread some meringue mixture along with a proper layer of the crushed almonds. Also, keep repeating until all the almost are finished.
2. Now, place the pan for shallow baking in the centre of the pre-heated oven and add boiling water as deep as 1 inch.
3. Take out the pan from the oven and allow it to cool down.
4. Now, to make the custard take the egg yolks and sugar mixture.
5. Take a saucepan and heat the milk until it boils. Add the egg mixture and blend it properly. Strain into a bowl.
6. Now take another saucepan and fill it with simmering water. Place the bowl on this saucepan and keep stirring until slightly thickened.
7. Remove the custard from the heat and drop some vanilla extract on the top. Let the custard cool, stir occasionally.
8. Prior to serving, loosen the meringue mixture using a knife tip and lift it carefully on a round-shaped deep serving plate.
9. Also, pour the custard all over the meringue mixture. Lift it using a knife or spatula to run the custard beneath dessert as well.