- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Floating Heart Cherries Jubilee Recipe
|Strawberry ice cream/Vanilla ice cream||3 Pint|
|For cherries jubilee|
|Pitted bing cherries||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Cherry brandy/Apricot / other fruit brandy||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Brandy/Curacao||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 0
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0 g0%
Saturated Fat 0 g0%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 45.9 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 38.4 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Line a 1 1/2 to 2 quart, heart-shaped mould with plastic wrap.
2) Allow the vanilla or strawberry ice cream to slightly soften at room temperature for about 15 minutes.
3) Transfer the softened ice cream into the mould. Freeze the mould till it is serving time.
4) Transfer the frozen ice cream into a serving bowl with deep sides.
5) To prepare the cherries jubilee, drain the cherries. Set aside the cherry syrup.
6) In a 10-inch skillet, add in the syrup and cornstarch. Mix well till it smoothens. Next, add in the cherry brandy.
7) Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Keep stirring for about 2 minutes before adding in the cherries. Heat the mixture through.
8) Right before serving, heat the brandy or curacao in a small saucepan till it starts to bubble around the edges.
9) Do not heat the brandy longer than is required.
10) Alight the brandy with a match and immediately pour it into the cherry mixture.
11) Drizzle the Cherries Jubilee around and over the ice cream. Serve immediately.