- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Holiday Series: # 3 Sweet Potato Tartlets Recipe Video
|Sweet potatoes/Yams||2 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Pie crust||3 , roll (cut into 4½ inch discs)|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Light brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground nutmeg||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Half & half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Kosher salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 936 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.4%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94 mg
Sodium 671.5 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 133 g44.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.1%
Sugars 48.5 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 435.8% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 13.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedBaking sheet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Prepare a baking sheet lined with foil.
3. Rub some canola or vegetable oil over the sweet potatoes, poke them with a fork, and place it in the baking tray.
4. Bake the potatoes for 60 – 90 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes
5. Once the potatoes are done and tender, scoop out the flesh in a bowl, you need at least 2 cups of sweet potatoes mash.
6. In a large bowl combine the sweet potatoes along with eggs, the sugar, butter, nutmeg, cinnamon, half n half, salt and vanilla extract to it and blend it with a hand blender.
7. Keep beating until you get a smooth consistency; scrap the sides with a spatula.
8. Once done, keep aside.
9. Roll the dough and cut 12 circles about 4 ½ inch circles.
10. In a greased muffin tin, put the circles in such a way that the dough touches the bottom.
11. Poke holes in the dough and bake them for 8 minutes.
12. Once done, fill the sweet potato mixture in it and bake for 30 minutes.
13. Serve the sweet potatoes tartlets after a hearty meal.
Do not scrape the mixture from the beater just discard and wash them.