- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Beef Broth Gravy Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped finely|
|Celery stalk||2 , chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (or beef consommé or beef bouillon)|
|Water||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (1 cup+ 1/4 cup)|
|Beef bouillon cube||1|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Kitchen bouquet||1⁄4 Teaspoon (You may use Gravy Master or a generic brand)|
Calories 61 Calories from Fat 32
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 4.1 mg
Sodium 340.9 mg14.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.63 g2.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 0.96 g1.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 1.3% Iron 0.98%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium saucepan, heat olive oil and butter over medium flame.
2. Add chopped onion and celery. Saute for about 8-10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Pour beef broth, 1 cup of water, and add bouillon cube. Stir and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce the heat to low and cover the saucepan with lid. Simmer for 20-25 minutes.
4. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch with ¼ cup of water. Add kitchen bouquet and stir until there are no lumps.
5. Add cornstarch mixture to gravy, immediately stirring it in. Bring gravy to a boil, stir constantly and boil 1 minute.
6. Serve hot and enjoy!
This gravy is delicious over mashed potatoes or cooked noodles.