- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Pasta Primavera Recipe
|Mostaccioli/Ziti/other medium shape pasta||1 Pound (Uncooked)|
|Broccoli head/Cauliflower||1 , cut into small florets|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Low sodium chicken broth||15 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen chopped spinach||10 Ounce, thawed (1 Package)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 673 Calories from Fat 112
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g19.2%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.4 mg
Sodium 715.7 mg29.8%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.8%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 34 g68.9%
Vitamin A 214.7% Vitamin C 131.1%
Calcium 47.3% Iron 31.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Follow the package direction to prepare pasta.
2) Stir in broccoli, just 3 minutes before pasta is done.
3) Drain water from the saucepan, and transfer the ingredients in a large bowl.
4) In a small bowl, dissolve cornstarch in 1/4 cup water.
5) In large saucepan, add garlic and chicken broth.
6) Simmer the liquid for 3 minutes over medium heat.
7) Add cornstarch mixture and whisk.
8) Fold in mixed vegetables and spinach.
9) Cook for another 5 minutes or until heated through.
10) Toss sauce and vegetable mixture with pasta.
11) Serve the pasta by seasoning with salt and pepper and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.