- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flank Steak with Peppers Recipe
|Beef flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 In Number)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed (Large Clove)|
|Lime||1 , juiced and peel grated|
|Leaf oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Green pepper||1 Large|
|Sweet red pepper||1 Large|
|Yellow pepper||1 Large|
Calories 364 Calories from Fat 179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.8%
Saturated Fat 6.7 g33.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.7 mg
Sodium 581.1 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 37 g74.7%
Vitamin A 25.4% Vitamin C 239.1%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 18.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy plastic bag, place steak.
2) Mix together garlic, lime juice and peel, oregano, oil, salt and pepper and pour this mixture over steak, tossing well to coat.
3) Cover the bag tightly and refrigerate for a whole night.
4) Place the steak and char peppers over hot coals and grill for about 10 minutes per side for medium doneness.
5) Toss the peppers until skins are charred and blackened.
6) In a paper sack, place peppers and cover it to allow steaming for about 10 minutes.
7) Peel the skins and cut them into strips and keep warm.
8) On a warm platter, place the steak and keep aside for a few minutes.
9) Serve in slices at once.