- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flank Steak with Chimichurri Recipe Video
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander seed||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic cloves||3 Large, smashed and chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh flat leaf parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Distilled white vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.28 tbs)|
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28%
Saturated Fat 4.2 g20.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30 mg
Sodium 655 mg27.3%
Total Carbohydrates 2 g0.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.94 g3.7%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 24 g47.5%
Vitamin A 32.7% Vitamin C 36.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 13.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. On a plate, place the steak and sprinkle salt, pepper, ground cumin and ground coriander on top and rub all over the steak.
2. Allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
3. In a blender, place together cilantro, parsley, garlic, vinegar and cayenne.
4. Blend the cilantro mixture, on low speed and while blending stream in the olive oil and add seasoning.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Remove the steak out of the refrigerator, 30 minutes before cooking.
7. Place the steak on hot grill, and allow to cook for about 3 minutes each side.
8. Remove and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
9. Slice the steak against the grain, in desired thickness.
10. Serve hot with chimichurri sauce on side.
You can refrigerate the sauce and serve it cold.