- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Yummy Flank Steak Taco Recipe Video
|Flank steak/London broil||1 Large|
|Ears of corn||2 , roasted|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon (Crema)|
|Cilantro||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|White onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Zucchini||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), diced|
|Garlic cloves||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Jalapeno||1 Teaspoon, diced|
|Fresh tomato||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Poblano peppers||2 Medium, roasted and peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 851 Calories from Fat 349
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.8 mg
Sodium 408.7 mg17%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.6%
Dietary Fiber 16.6 g66.4%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 34 g67.2%
Vitamin A 163.2% Vitamin C 100.6%
Calcium 11.4% Iron 36.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow to marinate for at least and hour or two.
3. Grill the steak for 8-10 minutes on each side, until medium-rare (or medium, if desired). Let the steak rest off the grill for 15-20 minutes.
4. While the steak rests, make the corn relish. Cut the corn off of the roasted cobs with a knife.
5. In a skillet, heat 3 Tbsp of olive oil. When it gets hot, add in the onion, zucchini, garlic, and jalepeno. Season with salt and black pepper. Stir through and cook for a few minutes.
6. Add in the fresh tomato, stir through. Finally, add in the corn. Re-season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Total cook time should be about 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, place in a bowl. Add in the chopped poblano peppers.
8. After steak has rested, slice it into thin slices against the grain. Then further slice into bite-sized chunks.
9. Fill taco shells with some steak, corn relish, and a dollop of creme fraiche and a pinch of cilantro.
Chef’s Note: To roast corn, toss in oil, season with salt and pepper, roast in a preheated 375 degree oven until slightly golden brown. Use the same technique to roast the poblano peppers.