- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Grilled Flank Steak Cuban Style Recipe Video
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||9 Clove (45 gm), minced|
|Lime juice||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), freshly squeezed (from around 6 limes)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Cilantro||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), minced|
|Flank steak||1 1⁄2 Pound|
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 339.3 mg14.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.37 g1.5%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 35 g70.7%
Vitamin A 2.2% Vitamin C 18.3%
Calcium 2.9% Iron 11.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. CUBAN MOJO SAUCE: In a medium saucepan heat olive oil.
2. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds. Pour lime juice, water and season with salt and pepper, and cumin.
3. Over medium heat, bring back to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in cilantro.
4. In a roasting pan place steak and pour 2/3 cup Mojo sauce over steak.
5. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight (although I've gotten away with just a couple of hours).
6. Set the grill to medium or oven to broil.
7. Place the steak on the grill and sear it on both sides till done to desired consistency.
8. Close the lid of the grill and continue to cook for another 12 minutes.
9. Remove from the grill and allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving.
10. In a serving plate, slice the steak and serve it with choice of salad. Drizzle the remaining Mojo sauce on the top.
Can also be served as main dish with bread or salad or mash potatoes.