- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flaming Baked Pineapple Recipe
|Almond macaroons||1 Cup (16 tbs), crumbled|
|Slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bananas||3 Medium, sliced|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Apricot jam||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brandy||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.3%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 115.7 mg4.8%
Total Carbohydrates 123 g41%
Dietary Fiber 12.4 g49.7%
Sugars 90.7 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 12.9% Vitamin C 310.5%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350°F.
2) Halve pineapple lengthwise and leave the green leaves on each half.
3) Scoop out pineapple pulp from shells. Remove the core.
4) Chop pineapple coarsely and drain thoroughly.
5) In a bowl mix pineapple, macaroon crumbs, almonds, bananas, apricots, cherries, and jam.
6) Spoon the mixture in shells.
7) Transfer in a shallow baking pan.
8) Seal fruit and leaves with aluminum foil.
9) Bake for 30 minutes.
10) Remove the foil. Sprinkle coconut over fruit and bake 15 minutes longer.
11) Put it on a serving dish.
12) Heat brandy, ignite, and pour over fruit while flaming.