- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flamed Pork Tenderloin With Apricots Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||1 1⁄4 Pound|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked|
|Dried apricots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soaked in water|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Seasoned flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||5 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1347 Calories from Fat 528
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 60 g91.7%
Saturated Fat 30.8 g153.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 472.1 mg
Sodium 846.8 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.8%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 37.9 g
Protein 123 g245.4%
Vitamin A 70.8% Vitamin C 13.7%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 44.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Into a saucepan, put the apricots and the water in which they were soaking. Add the sherry and gently cook over low heat for about 15 minutes.
2) Trim the fat off the pork tenderloin, if any, and then cut it into slices which are about 1 ½-inch thick. Toss in seasoned flour.
3) In a skillet or a chafing dish, heat the butter over moderate heat. Saute the pork well on both sides till it is tender and golden. Turn only once.
4) From the skillet, pour off excess fat, if any.
5) Heat the brandy and carefully set it alight. Pour all over the cooked pork.
6) Add the drained apricots and stir till the brandy flames have completely burned out.
7) Mix together the sour cream and apricot liquid and pour the mixture into the pan.
8) Gently simmer for some minutes and then add seasoning of salt, freshly ground pepper and lemon juice to taste.
9) Serve hot with fluffy boiled rice.