- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flaky Pastry Recipe
|Fat||11 Ounce (310 Gram, Half Lard, Half Margarine)|
|Plain flour||14 Ounce (400 Gram)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Cold water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Mix)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4261 Calories from Fat 2854
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 317 g487.6%
Saturated Fat 94.5 g472.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 265.1 mg88.4%
Sodium 1947.6 mg81.1%
Total Carbohydrates 318 g106.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g38.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 24 g47.3%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 4.8% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Combine the lard and margarine. Cream the fat until it is a soft and well blended.
Divide into four equal portions and set aside.
2. Into a mixing bowl, sieve flour and salt.
3. Add one quarter of fat to the flour and rub in using your finger tips.
4. Add lemon juice and cold water and stir quickly to form a stiff dough.
5. Turn out on to a floured board and knead lightly - 4 to 5 times.
6. Roll out into a rectangle.
7. Distribute one quarter of the fat in small pieces over two thirds of the pastry.
8. Fold into three, placing the edge without fat over the centre and bring down the top third over the middle, forming alternative layers of fat and dough.
9. Give the pastry a half turn and roll out again.
10. Repeat until all the fat has been added and resting the dough in the refrigerator for 15 minutes between rollings to prevent the fat from oozing out and pastry tearing while rolling.
11. Roll out and fold once more before using.
12. Use the pastry as required to make desserts or pies.