- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits with Fig Jam Recipe Video
|For the biscuits|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cold butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For the fig jam|
|Fresh figs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), quartered|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
Calories 395 Calories from Fat 105
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 436.5 mg18.2%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.7%
Sugars 42.4 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 7.8% Vitamin C 0.94%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedMixing bowl
1. Cut the fresh figs in half or quartered, set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 425 degree
3. Prepare a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. In mixing bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar, mix everything.
5. Add the cold butter to the flour and gently with your fingers mix everything until you get a coarse meal texture.
6. Add buttermilk and keep stirring until the batter turns to dough.
7. Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
8. Place the figs in a saucepan and add sugar and stir.
9. Over medium heat dissolve the sugar and mix the figs, cook over low heat for 20-30 minutes stirring often.
10. Once the fig jam is thick in consistency, transfer in a mason jar and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
11. After 30 minutes remove the dough and place it on a floured surface, dust the dough with flour.
12. Roll the dough, fold it in quarters and then roll it again to about ½ inch thickness.
13. Using a biscuit cutter cut the biscuits and place it on the cookie sheet.
14. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-25 minutes.
15. Once done remove and allow it to cool and cut the biscuit in half and spread the fig jam.
16. Serve the Homemade Buttermilk Biscuits with Fig Jam with a cup of hot coffee.