- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Five Spice Spareribs Recipe
|Pork spareribs||1 1⁄2 Pound, divided into individual ribs and cut into 3 inches chunks (700 Grams)|
|Oil||1 Pint (570 Milliliter, Preferably Ground Nut)|
|Dry sherry/Rice wine||1 Tablespoon|
|Light soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese white rice vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Five spice powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onions||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Orange peel||2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Cider vinegar/Chinese black rice vinegar||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (70 Milliliter)|
Calories 1593 Calories from Fat 1428
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 161 g248%
Saturated Fat 31.1 g155.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 132.2 mg
Sodium 448 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 29 g58.6%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 8.2% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large bowl mix all the marinade ingredients and marinate the spareribs for about 25 minutes at room temperature.
2. In a deep -fat fryer or large wok fry the ribs slowly until they are brown and drain on kitchen paper, it can be done in batches.
3. In another wok or frying pan put all the ingredients of sauce, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat.
4. Put in the spareribs and cook it slowly, uncovered, for about 40 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. To prevent the sauce from drying up, add a little water if necessary, skim off any surface fat.
6. Serve hot with rice, noodles, steamed vegetables or as it is with drinks.
The cooking oil used to fry the ribs can be strained through a filter, once it has cooled and can be re used when cooking pork next.