- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Five Spice Fish Recipe
|Mackerel||4 Small, gutted|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Five spice powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Small, pared|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Spring onion||1 , chopped (For Garnish)|
Calories 1624 Calories from Fat 1007
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g172%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 525 mg175%
Sodium 895.6 mg37.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 140 g280.3%
Vitamin A 26.7% Vitamin C 12.1%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 68.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the heads off the mackerel fish.
2) Wash the mackerel and drain them over paper towels.
3) Slice the fish open and press them flat over a chopping board. The skin side must face upwards.
4) Take off any stray bones.
5) In a bowl, mix the plain flour with the five spice powder. Sprinkle the mixture over the mackerel.
6) In a wok, heat oil. Arrange the fish neat around the wok.
7) Cook the fish till they brown lightly. Once crisp on the underside, flip them over. The fish should be brown and crisp on both sides. Plate the fish on a warm serving platter.
8) Slice the celery sticks into fine strips.
9) Into the leftover fat in the wok, add in the celery strips along with the lemon rind. Stir fry till cooked.
10) Add in the soy sauce, give the celery mix a good stir.
11) Spoon the celery mixture over the fish. Garnish with chopped spring onions.