- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Five Spice Beef And Pepper Stir Fry And Rice With Smoked Almonds Recipe
|Beef broth/Beef stock||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Paper Container Or Canned)|
|Wok oil/Clear oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan)|
|Beef sirloin/Beef tenderloin tips||1 1⁄2 Pound, trimmed, sliced and cut into bite-size pieces|
|Green bell peppers||1 , seeded and diced into 1-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Medium, coarsely diced|
|Dry cooking sherry||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Tamari soy sauce||2 Tablespoon (Dark Variety, Eyeball The Amount)|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Chinese five spice powder||1 Teaspoon (1/2 Palmful, Found On Asian Foods Aisle Of Market)|
|Cracked black pepper||To Taste, freshly ground|
|Scallions||3 , thinly sliced on an angle (For Garnish)|
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), smoked (Available On Snack Aisle, For Garnish)|
Calories 610 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80 mg
Sodium 1103.2 mg46%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.2 g16.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 42 g83.3%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 60.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 22.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, boil water for rice and prepare the rice following package directions.
2) In a small pot pour beef broth and cook over low heat.
3) Heat a wok-shaped skillet or pan over high heat.
4) Add oil and heat until smoking.
5) Add beef bits and fry for 3 minutes. Drain out from the pan and keep side.
6) Put pan over heat and add peppers and onions.
7) Saute for 2 minutes and add meat into it.
8) Stir in sherry and fry until liquid for about 1 minute until liquid evaporates.
9) Mix soy sauce to it.
10) In a small bowl dissolve cornstarch in warm beef broth.
11) Transfer the beef broth to the pan, cornstarch mixture, the five-spice powder and black pepper.
12) Stir until thick.
13) Adjust seasonings and add more soy or salt if necessary.
14) Take off from heat.
15) Put beef stir-fry into dinner bowls.
16) With an ice cream scoop put a rounded scoop of rice on top of beef.
17) Garnish with chopped scallions and smoked almonds.