- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Five Dollar Salad Recipe
|Fresh spinach||1⁄2 Pound|
|Watercress||3 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Bunch)|
|Uncooked peas||1⁄2 Pound (Use Fresh)|
|Garlic croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blue cheese dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 244 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 3.3 g16.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.8 mg
Sodium 511.6 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 5.5 g
Protein 7 g14.5%
Vitamin A 131.4% Vitamin C 99.4%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 15.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim the spinach and watercress and place in a colander. Wash thoroughly under cold water. Drain well.
2. Separate cabbage leaves, discarding the outer wilted or discolored ones.
3. Finely shred the cabbage using a sharp knife or in a food processor.
4. Shell peas into a large salad bowl.
5. Combine greens and cabbage with peas and toss to mix
6. Just before serving dress the salad with blue cheese dressing and toss to coat.
7. Scatter garlic croutons on top and serve immediately.