- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fisherman's Pot Recipe
|Fish fillets||1 Pound, chopped|
|Canned whole tomatoes||28 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Thinly sliced celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely chopped|
|Finely chopped garlic||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.3%
Saturated Fat 0.05 g0.26%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 848.2 mg35.3%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.6%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 22 g44.2%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 17.4%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a casserole dish, combine tomatoes, broth, celery, onion, sugar, bay leaf, parsley, salt, garlic and thyme. Mix well.
2) Cover the dish and microwave on high power for 8 to 10 minutes.
3) Check the consistency and heat again on medium power for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring once.
4) Combine fish and wine in the casserole mix and cover the dish.
5) Cook on medium power for 12 to 14 minutes or until the fish is done, stirring occasionally.
6) Serve with steamed rice or hot breads.