- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fisherman's Platter Recipe
|Frozen flounder fillets||1 Pound (1 Package)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Celery tops||4 (Use A Few)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (Use 1/2 Stick)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Frozen mixed vegetables package||10 Ounce, cooked, drained (1 Package)|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 261
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g45.5%
Saturated Fat 15.7 g78.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.5 mg
Sodium 1750.3 mg72.9%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17%
Dietary Fiber 8.8 g35.1%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 47 g94.6%
Vitamin A 164.4% Vitamin C 42.5%
Calcium 9% Iron 16.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Thaw and gently separate the fillets.
2) In a large frying pan, mix water, salt, peppercorns, celery tops, and onion and lemon slices and allow to boil.
3) Place the fillets in the pan, then simmer covered for 7 minutes or until flakey, remove and keep warm.
4) Allow the fish liquid to boil, cook rapidly until reduced to 2 cups, then strain into a 2-cup measure.
5) In the same frying pan, melt the butter or margarine, stir in the flour, stir constantly and cook until bubbly.
6) Stir in the 2 cups fish liquid, stir and cook further until the sauce thickens and boils for 1 minute.
7) Turn off the heat, stir in the lemon juice and a drop of yellow food coloring, if desired.
8) On a warm shallow serving platter, spoon a little cooked vegetables, lay the fish fillets overlapping, then spoon rest of the vegetables over the fish.
9) Spoon over the sauce and serve immediately with rest of the sauce.