- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fishcakes Recipe Video
|Potatoes||300 Gram, peeled|
|Mixed fish||100 Gram|
|Coriander||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Oil||4 Tablespoon (For deep frying)|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Zest of lemon||1⁄2|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (For dusting)|
|Mixed vegetables||100 Gram (broccoli, baby corn and carrot)|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
Calories 434 Calories from Fat 200
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.7 mg
Sodium 254.6 mg10.6%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.6 g22.5%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 18 g36%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 77%
Calcium 6.3% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, boil water and add in the potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes.
2. In a colander, place the fish and cover with foil. Place that colander over the potatoes and cook for 8 – 10 minutes. Water level should be below the colander.
3. Meanwhile in a bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon zest and pepper. Add in the fish and mash well.
4. Drain the potatoes and mash well. Place in a large bowl and mix fish into it and mash thoroughly.
5. Dust the kitchen counter with flour and divide the fish mixture into 4 equal portions. Make patties and place in a baking pan. Cover with saran wrap and place in the fridge for 60 minutes.
6. For Vegetables – In a large wok, heat olive oil and add in the vegetables. Pour in the lemon juice and stir well until done.
7. For Fish Cake – in a shallow pan, heat oil and place the cakes. Cook for 2 minutes on each side.
8. Serve vegetables with fishcakes and 1/4th of lemon wedge.