- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Falafel & Savory Mexi-Toast Recipe Video
|Yogurt||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrot||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Squash||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Tomatoes||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), shredded|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|For garlic chutney|
|Hot oil||90 Gram|
|Red chili pepper||48 Gram|
|Cumin coriander powder||40 Gram|
|For mexican toast|
|Brown bread slices||200 Gram (4 slices)|
|Mexican salsa/Herbal paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic chutney||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 772 Calories from Fat 299
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216.7 mg
Sodium 2994.6 mg124.8%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g37%
Sugars 6.5 g
Protein 44 g87.9%
Vitamin A 45.8% Vitamin C 84.1%
Calcium 23.7% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a blender, add garlic and hot oil. Blend them to smooth paste.
2. In a bowl, combine salt, red chili pepper, cumin and coriander. Transfer it into the blender and blend with the garlic paste
3. Transfer the chutney into a container.
4. Recipe follows.
5. In a bowl, combine the garlic chutney with yogurt.
6. Recipe follows.
7. In a bowl, combine carrot, squash, tomatoes, cabbage, green and red bell peppers, salt and black pepper.
8. Recipe follows.
9. Preheat the oven to 450 degree F.
10. Bake fish fillet at 450 degree F for 17 minutes.
11. Warm up halves of pita bread. Fill the pita bread with baked fish, salad and sauce.
12. Serve the Falafel with more salad and sauce and enjoy!
FOR MEXICAN TOAST
1. In a bowl, beat eggs and add Mexican salsa and garlic chutney. Mix well.
2. Soak the bread slice in this mix.
3. In a pan over medium heat, spray cooking spray and melt butter. Place the soaked bread slice.
4. Fry them until golden brown. Turn the heat to high, flip the bread and fry on other side.
5. Serve the Mexican Toast with your favorite beverage.