- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Alle Piyava Ghasi Recipe
|Fish fillets||3 (Mahi Mahi, Cat Fish, Tilapia, Pomfret Or King Fish)|
|Coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Fresh/Frozen)|
|Dry red chillies||6 (fry in 2-3 drops of oil)|
|Dry red chilies||6 (Fry In 2-3 Drops Of Oil)|
|Green chilies||3 , slit|
|Green chillies||3 , slit|
|Ginger||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Coconut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Tamarind paste||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 195 Calories from Fat 78
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.1%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.4 mg24.8%
Sodium 206.4 mg8.6%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g3.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 21 g42.9%
Vitamin A 35.3% Vitamin C 65.8%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Prepare a masala by adding coconut, red chillies, tamarind paste, salt and about 1 cup of warm water.
3. Heat the pan and add the ground masala and water to make a gravy of desired consistancy.
4. Add ginger, green chillies and onions and bring it to a boil.
5. Now add the fish fillets and cover and cook on a low flame till the fish is cooked. (Stirring occasionally). Remove from heat.
6. Add 1 tsp of coconut oil over the gravy.
7. Mix well and serve hot with steamed rice.