- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish With Coconut Meen Peera Recipe
|Green chilies||30 Gram|
|Red onions||10 Gram|
|Cocum||20 Gram (Kudampuli)|
|Coconut oil||15 Milliliter|
Calories 398 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 20.7 g103.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg
Sodium 97.9 mg4.1%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 36.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grate coconut into fine pieces.
3. Grind together turmeric, a few onions and garlic. Mix with coconut on the stone itself.
4. Chop green chillies and ginger (ginger must be chopped fine) and slice remaining onions.
5. Soak cocum.
6. In a stainless steel pan, first put in the curry leaves and half the cocum broken into pieces.
7. Mix together coconut mixture, fish, remaining cocum and chopped and sliced ingredients.
8. Put into prepared pan.
9. Add water to three-fourth level of fish mixture. Add salt.
10. Bring to boil quickly. Reduce heat and simmer, till fish is cooked and moisture evaporated.
11. Pour fresh coconut oil over. Test for seasoning and remove.
12. Cool and cover. This can be kept for 2 days.