- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Stew White Recipe
|Green chilies||15 Gram|
|Red onion bulbs||2|
Calories 445 Calories from Fat 245
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 65 mg21.7%
Sodium 196.8 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 7.2 g28.9%
Sugars 10.8 g
Protein 28 g56.5%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 37.7%
Calcium 5.4% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Grate coconut and make three extractions of milk (thick, medium, thin).
3. Slice onions lengthwise. Slit green chillies, slice ginger.
4. In a pan arrange fish and onions, chillies and ginger and curry leaves in layers.
5. Add salt, quartered tomatoes, vinegar and third extraction of coconut milk.
6. Bring to boil and simmer. When liquid is nearly dry add second extraction of coconut milk.
7. Bring to boil and simmer for a few minutes. Check for salt.
8. Add first extraction of coconut milk and remove.
9. Heat oil. Add finely sliced onions and crushed cloves.
10. When they brown pour over stew. Mix well.