- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Steaks Italian Style Recipe
|Fish steaks||2 Pound|
|Italian dressing||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Paprika||1 Teaspoon (As Needed)|
Calories 354 Calories from Fat 218
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.9%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g16.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 100 mg
Sodium 2016.4 mg84%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.34 g1.4%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 27 g54.2%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 4.8%
Calcium 8.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to medium heat.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. Cut the fish into serving size pieces.
4. In a mixing bowl, blend Italian dressing with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
5. In a shallow baking dish, keep the fish in a single layer.
6. Pour the Italian dressing mixture over the fish.
7. Let the fish sit in the mixture for about 30 minutes.
8. Turn it once to coat the fish evenly on all sides.
9. Remove the fish after 30 minutes and save the sauce for basting.
10. On a well-greased, hinged wire grill, place the marinated fish.
11. Place the grill at a height of 4 inches above the burning coal.
12. Sprinkle paprika over the fish.
13. Grill for 8 minutes.
14. Brush sauce on the fish and sprinkle paprika again.
15. Turn over the fish and cook for another 7-10 minutes until the fish flakes.
16. Serve with sauces.