- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Steaks Epicurean Recipe
|Fish steaks||2 Pound|
|Rosemary leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|White vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 0.26 g1.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 100 mg33.3%
Sodium 457 mg19%
Total Carbohydrates 0.18 g0.06%
Dietary Fiber 0.12 g0.48%
Sugars 0 g
Protein 27 g53.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C 0.3%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 0.32%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the grill to moderate heat.
2. Season the fish steaks with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. In a bottle, take salad oil and vinegar; add rosemary and shake well.
4. Let the bottle sit at room temperature for a minimum of 60 minutes.
5. Strain the mixture to get clear liquid.
6. Dip the fish steaks in the oil mixture.
7. On a greased, hinged, wire grill place the fish.
8. Place the wire grill at a distance of 4 inches from the coal.
9. Cook for 5-8 minutes.
10. Brush the steaks with oil mixture and flip them over carefully.
11. Oil the other side as well and grill for another 5-8 minutes.
12. Occasionally keep basting.
13. When the fish flakes easily with a fork, remove and serve.
14. Serve hot with sauce.