- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuppa di Pesce Recipe Video
|Cod fish||2 Pound (fillets)|
|Garlic||7 Clove (35 gm) (For the sauce)|
|Onion||2 Medium, dice (For the sauce)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon (For the sauce)|
|Tomato puree||28 Ounce (For the sauce)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For the sauce)|
|Dried basil||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the sauce)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon (For the sauce)|
|Capers||1 Tablespoon (For the sauce)|
|Fresh parsely||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (For the sauce)|
|Black olives||12 Small, pitted (For the sauce)|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 0.72 g3.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 48.8 mg
Sodium 152.9 mg6.4%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 23 g45.7%
Vitamin A 14.5% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop garlic and onion and keep it aside.
2. In a pan pour olive oil and add garlic and once brown put the onions cook till they caramelized
3. Then add the tomato puree and water and cook for 20 minute till the tomatoes cook. Ensure you cover with a lid and simmer on medium low.
4. In a small bowl add the chopped parsley, capers, basil, black pepper & black olives and add them to the tomato sauce and cook.
5. Cut the cod fillet into small pieces and put the cut pieces then add to the tomato sauce and cook for further 20 minutes.
6. Serve the fish soup with Italian home baked bread.