- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Soup Recipe
|Dressed fish with head||2 Pound (Such As Cod, Trout, Or Mackerel)|
|Potatoes||1⁄2 Pound (2 Medium Pieces)|
|Thick sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Minced chives||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 358 Calories from Fat 216
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.8 mg
Sodium 1385.7 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 25 g50%
Vitamin A 57.1% Vitamin C 15%
Calcium 5.3% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Rinse fish in cold water and drain well.
3. Using a sharp, heavy knife cut fish crosswise into 1-in. slices. Break through the bone by tapping the knife with a hammer.
4. Put fish slices and head into the saucepan with water and salt.
5. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat, cover and cook 8 to 10 min., or until fish flakes.
6. Meanwhile, wash, pare or scrape, and dice carrots.
7. Clean and chop onion.
8. Wash, pare and cut potatoes into 1/2 in. cubes.
9. Cook vegetables in saucepan about 8 min., or until tender. Drain and set aside.
10. When fish is cooked, remove and discard the head. Ladle or spoon out 3 cups of the liquid and set aside. Keep the fish hot.
11. Beat 2 eggs until thick and piled softly.
12. Stir in sour cream and salt.
13. Add the reserved fish liquid very gradually, stirring constantly. Add the vegetables. Cook over low heat until heated. Garnish soup with minced chives.