- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Sarciado (Sarshiadong Isda) - Filipino Fried Fish in Sauce Recipe Video
|Fish||1 Medium, cleaned and cut|
|Chopped tomato||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Minced garlic||5 Clove (25 gm)|
|Patis||3 Tablespoon (fish sauce)|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Green chili||1 Medium|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spring onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1396 Calories from Fat 480
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 54 g82.4%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 750.8 mg
Sodium 2461.1 mg102.5%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 195 g389.8%
Vitamin A 70.2% Vitamin C 111.6%
Calcium 27% Iron 60.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a frying pan, pour in a tablespoon of vegetable oil and fry the fish. Drain and set aside.
2. In another pan,pour in the remaining vegetable oil and saute the garlic.
3. Add the onions and saute well.
4. Next goes in the tomatoes.
5. Drizzle the patis.
6. Sprinkle in the crushed black pepper.
7. Cover for 3 minutes and cook to soften the tomatoes.
8. Crush the tomatoes with spatula to thicken the sauce.
9. Add a cup of water and place the fried fish in the sauce.
10.Throw in the green chili and cover and cook for 3 minutes.
11.In a bowl, crack open the eggs and whisk them.
12.Pour in the simmering sauce and gently stir.
13.Turn off heat and do not overcook the eggs.
14. Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.