- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Pie Recipe
|Cod fillet||1 1⁄2 Pound (700 Gram)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced (700 Gram)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Flour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Eggs||3 , hardboiled and sliced|
|Shelled prawns||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2267 Calories from Fat 907
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 102 g157.7%
Saturated Fat 55.6 g278.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1438.4 mg
Sodium 1371.3 mg57.1%
Total Carbohydrates 162 g54.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.3 g65.1%
Sugars 19.8 g
Protein 181 g361.1%
Vitamin A 97.9% Vitamin C 268%
Calcium 61.3% Iron 77.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Strain the juices from the cod into a measuring jug and make up to 300 ml (1/2 pint) with milk. Remove all the bones and skin from the cod, then flake the flesh. Set aside.
3. Put the potatoes in a large ovenproof bowl with 90 ml (6 tbsp) water and three-quarters cover it with cling film. Microwave on HIGH for 12-15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked, stirring two or three times during cooking.
4. Drain any excess water from the potatoes. Mash and cream the potatoes with 25 g (1 oz) butter and the beaten egg.
5. Put the remaining 25 g (1 oz) butter in an ovenproof bowl and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds until the butter melts, stir in the flour and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in the measured milk. Microwave on HIGH for 45 seconds, then whisk well. Microwave on HIGH for 154-2 minutes until boiling, whisking every 30 seconds. Season well with salt and pepper.
6. Fold the flaked cod, prawns and eggs into the sauce, then pour into a large ovenproof serving dish, or pie dish.
7. Spoon or pipe the cooked potatoes over the fish mixture. Microwave on HIGH for 5-6 minutes until the pie is well heated through. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve immediately.