- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Pickle Recipe
|Small fish/Pieces of larger fish||1 Pound (8 Whole ones)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Mixed pickling spice/Bay leaf - 1||1 Teaspoon|
|Pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and diced (Green or red)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1309 Calories from Fat 725
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124.8%
Saturated Fat 29.4 g147%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 341.5 mg
Sodium 4945.4 mg206.1%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 7 g28.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 72 g143.6%
Vitamin A 0.01% Vitamin C 3.7%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 0.64%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large pan, simmer the fish over a low heat in salted water until cooked, alternately use leftover, fried fish.
2) In a bowl, combine rest of the ingredients together.
3) Coat the fish thoroughly in this mixture.
4) Cover and allow to stand in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours before serving, turning the fish occasionally.
5) Makes about 2 1/2 cups Fish Pickle, can be stored in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 weeks.
6) Serve the Fish Pickle cold, as a relish or as a main dish.