- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Paella Recipe
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce|
|Chicken broth/Water||2 Quart|
|White fish fillets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sweet red pepper||1|
|Canned artichoke hearts||16 Ounce|
|Canned kidney beans||16 Ounce|
|Frozen peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.7%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.5 mg
Sodium 2166.9 mg90.3%
Total Carbohydrates 135 g44.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.5 g73.9%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 55 g109.2%
Vitamin A 63.3% Vitamin C 143.4%
Calcium 29.5% Iron 32.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and chop the onion.
2) Peel and crush the garlic.
3) Cut the fish into chunks.
4) Halve and seed the pepper and cut into 1 inch pieces.
5) Drain the artichoke hearts and cut in half lengthwise.
6) Drain the beans.
7) In a flameproof casserole, heat the oil in a flameproof casserole, add the onion and fry till transparent.
8) Add the rice and garlic and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
9) Add the tomatoes and juice, the saffron, broth or water and seasoning and bring to a boil.
10) Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
11) Meanwhile, Add all these ingredients to the pan with the peas and mix lightly.
12) Cover and cook for a further 10 minutes till the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed.
12) Fluff the mixture with a fork.
13) Taste and adjust seasoning.
14) Serve the fish paella hot immediately.