- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Nicoise Recipe
|Sole||1 Kilogram, skinned and filleted|
|Bechamel sauce||250 Milliliter (1 cup)|
|Court bouillon||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||100 Gram (1 cup)|
|Tomato sauce||500 Milliliter (2 cup)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chilli powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Green chillies||3 , chopped|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olives||5 , stoned and sliced (for garnish)|
|Chopped garlic||2 Tablespoon, salted lightly (for garnishing)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1930 Calories from Fat 534
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.5%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 588 mg196%
Sodium 8640.9 mg360%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g29.9%
Dietary Fiber 15.4 g61.4%
Sugars 41.9 g
Protein 248 g496.6%
Vitamin A 116.1% Vitamin C 310.3%
Calcium 176.3% Iron 62.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Cut the fillets into 2 or 3 parts or roll them up before cooking.
3. Chop the fish trimmings. Mix chilli powder with bechamel sauce.
4. Spread the sauce mixture on each fillet. Sprinkle grated cheese and roll up each piece carefully.
5. Place on a baking dish, cover with court bouillon. Cover and bake in moderate oven (1 80Â°C-350Â°F-gas mark-4) for 20 minutes.
6. Drain well and transfer to a clean baking dish. Keep warm.
7. Just before serving coat well with hot tomato sauce. Garnish with chopped chillies, garlic and olives.