- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Garlic Parmesan Croutons Recipe Video
|Garlic||4 , minced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Baguette||1 (8 Ounce / Similar Style Bread For Best Results, Use Day Old Bread)|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Italian herb seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Black peppercorn||2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17 mg5.7%
Sodium 4210.2 mg175.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 2.4 g
Protein 15 g29.4%
Vitamin A 82.5% Vitamin C 10.9%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Mix crushed garlic with half cup of olive oil and leave it for a few hours for the flavors to infuse.
2. Take 1 loaf of French bread baguette and cut it in half.
3. Cut it again in half, then in quarters and cubes.
4. Add them to a mixing bowl and strain over the garlic infused olive oil.
5. Mix well and sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, freshly ground black pepper, a pinch of salt, a little cayenne or paprika and 1/2 teaspoon of dry Italian herbs.
6. Toss well and spread in a single layer over a baking sheet.
7. Bake in a 300 degree oven and cook for 15 minutes.
8. Place back in the oven and cook for 15 more minutes.
9. Sprinkle some more grated parmesan cheese and cook in the oven for more 10 minutes.
10. Serve with some Caeser salad.