- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Mousse Recipe
|Melted butter||1 Tablespoon|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sweet milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Stuffed olives||2 Ounce (1/2 Of 4 Ounce Bottle)|
|Blanched almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 414 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.4%
Saturated Fat 7.1 g35.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.8 mg
Sodium 1074.6 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.4%
Sugars 23.6 g
Protein 31 g61.5%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 3.8%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove all bones from the fish and add to a food processor jar.
2. Roughly chop the onion and add to the fish.
3. Coarsely grind the fish and onion.
4. Remove into a bowl.
5. Cut olives into half and sliver almonds and set aside.
6. Butter a large soufflé mould or 8 individual moulds.
7. Preheat the oven to 350°F
8. To the fish and onion mixture, add salt and melted butter.
9. Stir with a spatula or mix well with hand.
10. In a bowl, combine the eggs and milk and beat until fluffy.
11. Fold into the fish mixture.
12. Spoon the mixture into the buttered mould/moulds
13. Place the moulds in a water bath in the preheated oven.
14. Bake for 30 o 40 minutes until set.
15. In the mean while prepare the sauce in a saucepan.
16. Melt the butter over a medium-low flame.
17. Add the flour and seasonings and stir until well blended.
18. Gradually stir in the milk to get a smooth sauce.
19. Cook sauce on low flame, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly.
20. Allow sauce to cool for 2 minutes before adding olives and almonds.
21. Remove the mould/moulds from the oven and unmould on a platter or individual plates.
22. Pour the sauce over the mousse.
23. Serve immediately.