- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Kugel Recipe
|Cooked flaked fish/Canned flaked fish||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Light cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Potatoes||4 Cup (64 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Kosher salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 380 Calories from Fat 219
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.1%
Saturated Fat 12 g60.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 155 mg
Sodium 399.1 mg16.6%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 16 g31.8%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 42.3%
Calcium 5.8% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a skillet and melt butter in it. Add onions and saute until brown.
2) Take a buttered baking dish and arrange alternate layers of potatoes, fish and onions in it. Make sure that you begin and end with potatoes.
3) Sprinkle salt and pepper over each potato layer.
4) Take a bowl and beat cream, eggs and remaining salt in it.
5) Pour mixture over the baking dish contents.
6) Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes or until firm.
7) Remove from oven and serve hot.