- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Gelatin Mousse Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Plain Variety)|
|Cold water||4 Tablespoon|
|Boiling water/Fish stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Flaked cooked fish||2 Cup (32 tbs), or canned|
|Evaporated milk/Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
|Cooked asparagus||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ripe tomato wedges/Ripe avocado wedges||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1303 Calories from Fat 847
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 94 g145.2%
Saturated Fat 11.3 g56.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 303.2 mg
Sodium 1566.7 mg65.3%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.6%
Sugars 20.8 g
Protein 84 g168.5%
Vitamin A 73.9% Vitamin C 72.3%
Calcium 41.4% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Soak the gelatin in the cold water; then stir it into the boiling liquid.
3. Mix the mayonnaise with the lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Add to the gelatin mixture with salt.
4. Let stand until it begins to set, then add the flaked fish. Fold in the whipped cream.
5. Pour into the rinsed mold. Chill until firm in the refrigerator, 1 hour or longer.
6. Unmold on a platter on which chilled, cooked asparagus spears, tomato wedges or slices of avocado are used as garnish.