- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Fumet Recipe
|Fish||2 Pound (1 Can)|
|Fish parts||2 Pound (Heads Bones And Trimmings, 1 Kilogram)|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Celery leaves||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs) (1.5 Liter)|
|Coarse salt||1 Teaspoon|
|White wine||500 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1717 Calories from Fat 292
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.8%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 471.7 mg
Sodium 2386.5 mg99.4%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g24%
Dietary Fiber 10.3 g41.1%
Sugars 26.3 g
Protein 188 g376.1%
Vitamin A 91.3% Vitamin C 85.5%
Calcium 38.7% Iron 76.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a 3-litre pan, place the fish heads and the trimmings, the onion, leek, celery, celery leaves, bay leaf, thyme, peppercorns, water and salt.
2. Place on medium high heat, cover and cook for 10 minutes.
3. With a perforated spoon, remove the scum that rises to the surface.
4. Add the wine, cover again and cook for 10 minutes more at medium high heat.
5. Let it stand for 15 minutes.
6. Take a sieve lined with a cloth and strain to get a clear liquid.
7. Use as a cooking ingredient.