- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Episode #13 Fish Fry - Billdog and G Man Recipe Video
|For red beer|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bloody mary base||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Season salt||To Taste|
|For beer battered fish|
|Catfish fillets||2 Medium, cut in 2 inch slices|
|Oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Dark ale||12 Ounce|
|Corn meal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||1 Cup (16 tbs) (or 1 cup flour and 1 teaspoon baking powder)|
|Red onion||1 , chopped|
|Chopped garlic||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 710 Calories from Fat 255
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.7%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.6 mg
Sodium 981.5 mg40.9%
Total Carbohydrates 67 g22.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 10.3 g
Protein 44 g87.8%
Vitamin A 8.6% Vitamin C 5.9%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 16.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a beer mug, put the ice cubes and pour in the beer leaving aout 1 inch from the rim of the mug.
2. Top it up with bloody mary base and add in the seasoniong.
3. Stir to mix and serve chilled.
For beer battered fish.
1. In a wok, heat oil on medium heat.
2. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for the batter and whisk until well combined.
3. Dip the fish in the batter and swirl to coat.
4. Reduce the heat to low, tap the fish to sides of bowl to remove excess batter and fry them in hot oil until it turns golden brown from all the sides and it puffs up.
5. Remove the fish using a slotted spoon, and drain it on kitchen paper.
6. Serve hot as desired with dip of your choice.