- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Fingers With Tartar Sauce Recipe
|Boneless white fish fillets||1 Pound, cut into fingers (500 Gram, Firm Ones)|
|Dry bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Coating)|
|Oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Frying)|
|Garlic ginger paste||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Red chili flakes||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Or Use According To Taste)|
|For tartar sauce|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Finely chopped cucumber||1 Tablespoon|
|Brown vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 1041 Calories from Fat 827
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.4 mg
Sodium 1131.6 mg47.1%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g5.8%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 26 g51.6%
Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 7.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix all ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Add fish and mix well. Keep aside for 1/2 hour.
3. Spread bread crumbs in a flat plate. Pick up one piece of marinated fish and roll over dry bread crumbs. Coat and cover the fish completely with bread crumbs on all the sides. Spread fish fingers on a plate and cover with a plastic wrap. Keep in the fridge till serving time.
4. To prepare the tartar sauce, soak the onion and cucumber in vinegar for 10-15 minutes.
5. Strain the cucumber and onion in vinegar to drain out the vinegar. Press gently to remove any excess vinegar. Gently mix it into the mayonnaise. Keep tartar sauce in the fridge.
6. At serving time, heat oil in a pan. Reduce heat. Fry a few fish fingers on medium heat till golden. Do not fry on high heat otherwise the fish will brown quickly without getting cooked. Let the fish be in oil for about 2-3 minutes. Drain on paper napkins to absorb excess oil. Serve hot with tartar sauce.