- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Fillets Yucatan Style Recipe
|Fish fillets||2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Melted fat/Melted oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sliced stuffed green olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Diced pimientos||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 269 Calories from Fat 133
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g22.4%
Saturated Fat 3.1 g15.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.5 mg
Sodium 722.4 mg30.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.54 g2.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 1.9% Vitamin C 35.6%
Calcium 9% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Thaw frozen fish.
3. In an 8X12 inch, well-greased baking dish, arrange the fillets in a single layer.
4. Drizzle lemon juice over the fish and season with salt.
5. In a skillet, melt fat and cook onions until soft.
6. Add flour and mix.
7. To this flour mixture, add olives, pimientos, saffron, and orange juice.
8. Stir constantly and cook until the sauce thickens.
9. Pour the sauce over the fillets.
10. Place the dish in the oven and bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
11. When the fish flakes easily with a fork, the dish is ready to serve.
12. Serve hot and fresh.