- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Fillets Veronique Recipe
|Sea bass fillets||2 Pound|
|White fish fillets||2 Pound (Preferably Sea Bass Or Red Snapper)|
|Pepper white||To Taste|
|White pepper||To Taste (As Desired)|
|Dry white wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Seedless green grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|White sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), heated|
|White sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), heated to serving temperature (Unsalted)|
Calories 102 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.4%
Saturated Fat 0.63 g3.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.6 mg
Sodium 87.9 mg3.7%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.67 g2.7%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 3.3% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2) In cold water, wash the fish fillets and gently pat dry.
2) In a flat glass baking dish, place the fish fillets.
3) On top of the fillets, squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon.
4) Sprinkle white pepper on top.
5) Now, turn the fish over. On the fillets, squeeze the juice of the remaining lemon.
6) With white pepper, lightly sprinkle the fish.
7) With a lid or aluminum foil, cover the dish tightly and keep in the refrigerator for 2 hours or until 30 minutes before you are ready to cook.
8) Remove from the refrigerator after 2 hours, and over the fish, pour the wine. Again, tightly cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
9) Heat in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the fillets become white.
10) Remove the lid or cover and transfer the fillets alone (without the liquid) to warmed individual plates or a serving platter.
11) Into a saucepan, pour the liquid in which the fish was cooked.
12) To this, add the grapes and bring to a boil. Cook until the grapes begin to split.
13) In a bowl, combine the arrowroot, fructose and water.
14) To the grape sauce, add this mixture along with the tarragon.
15) Cook, stirring continuously, until the sauce turns thick.
16) Remove the pan from the heat.
17) To this, add the white sauce. Mix well.
18) Over the fish fillets, pour the sauce and serve immediately.