- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fish Fillets Amandine Recipe
|Margarine||1 Tablespoon (Divided)|
|Almonds||1⁄2 Ounce, sliced / slivered|
|All purpose flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Cod fillets/Flounder / haddock fillets||10 Ounce (2 Fillets Of 5 Ounce Each)|
|Fresh lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 92
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61 mg
Sodium 565.6 mg23.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 27 g54.8%
Vitamin A 8.5% Vitamin C 15.7%
Calcium 4.9% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 8 or 9 inch skillet, saute the almonds in 1 teaspoon margarine until golden, remove and keep keep aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix the flour, salt and pepper together, then sprinkle both the fillets evenly with the seasoned flour.
3) In the same skillet, cook the fish in 2 teaspoons heated margarine over a medium heat until golden brown on the bottom.
4) Gently turn over the fillets and cook until browned on the other side until the fish flakes easily, then remove on a serving platter.
5) Stir in the lemon juice and sauteed almonds, cook over a low heat, stirring continuously, until heated.
6) Spoon the almond mixture over the fish, garnish with the lemon wedges and parsley, serve immediately.