- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Baked Fish Filet Essaouira Style - Moroccan Fish Recipe Video
|Catfish fillet||2 (any white fish)|
|Tomato||1 , sliced|
|Onion||1 Large, sliced|
|Lemon||1 , sliced|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Ginger powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
Calories 465 Calories from Fat 280
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.4%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g27.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 63.1 mg
Sodium 1190.4 mg49.6%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.6 g26.3%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 33.6% Vitamin C 98.4%
Calcium 11.9% Iron 16.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
1. In a baking dish spread the onion slices. Place one fish filet on top.
2. Season the fillet with the ginger powder, cumin, garlic, parsley, cilantro, lemon juice and half of the salt. Place the second filet over it.
3. Put the slices of tomato and lemon alternately on top of the fish and season with rest of the salt, the pepper and the rosemary all over the dish. Drizzle with olive oil.
4. Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for around 1 hour or till the fish is done and flaky. Check after 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes before serving.
6. In a serving plate, serve the Fish Filet Essaouira Style hot.